Saturday, May 18, 2019

The Fixer Upper Files: My Twinn (part 1)

Oh dear... I fell head-first into My Twinn last summer. I don't remember how I went from "eh they're pretty I guess" to being completely obsessed but I'm pretty sure it involved a lot of posts from The Toybox Philosopher and a several day Pinterest session. Anyway, I went from having no My Twinn dolls, to three of them in about two weeks. And being me, I didn't want perfect (and expensive) My Twinn dolls, I wanted dolls that were a little beat up, or at least cheap, and in need of a good home. I wanted a project. I didn't get the project part so much with my first two, but they were cheap at least. 

Meet Olivia (redhead) and Kate! They are both Kissy Kate molds, I've been told. Olivia has eyes that are starting to get pretty cloudy, and Kate had (at the time) no eyelashes and still has a wig that is matted enough to need replacing.



You can see a little better here how Olivia's eyes are pretty cloudy compared to how clear Kate's are. They're not cloudy enough to bother me yet, but I did buy replacements when I bought new eyelashes for Kate. At some point I'll document the process of replacing them, but for now I'm going to leave Olivia alone.

With these two I had caught the My Twinn bug and wanted at least one more doll. I wanted one who needed some love, maybe one I could repaint...



Ah yes. Perfect!

Ariel is an Ariel mold and was probably a boy at one point. I didn't get that impression from her at first and so I bought a long wig for her, but now that I have it glued onto her head, I definitely see a more boyish look to her face. Ah well. Perfect for my repainting plans!

So here's what each doll is getting:

Olivia: new eyes (not right away)

Kate: Eyelashes, new wig

Ariel: Eyelashes, new wig, face repaint.

Sweet Kate was pretty easy as far as eyelashes went. I will link the store I bought her's and Ariel's eyelashes and Ariel's wig from later in this series, but that will require some searching and I want to get this post up soon. If you read The Toybox Philosopher, it's the same store she used. But all I've done so far with Kate is glue new eyelashes on her. It was pretty easy to trim the eyelash to fit, and then spread Tacky Glue along the band with a toothpick. At first it looks really messy, but the glue dries clear. I still want to get her a new wig, but for now I think she's looking pretty cute!


Next post will be about getting Ariel's wig and eyelashes on her, as well as my other My Twinn, Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment